pros of turning 18: can legally do the stuff i already do
cons of turning 18: no longer the dancing queen
A message from Anonymous
marauders + harry's birth
A reply from themaraudersaredead
- When Lily gets pregnant, they throw a huge party about it because they needed something to celebrate in this fucking war. James and Sirius get drunk and start suggesting names to Lily and Sirius keeps insisting, "don’t do that pureblood shit where they name ‘em after each other, but if yer gonna name ‘em after anyone, Sirius is a fucking star, so."
- When Lily goes into labor, yeah, Sirius is actually the only one there and its exactly like you think it goes where he’s trying to Floo the midwife and James at the same time and nearly dies from soot inhalation and accidentally Floos the Dearborns of all fucking people, while Lily just toddles out the door, wet pants and all, and asks the neighbor if she can use the Floo.
- In the next room Lily is screaming and James looks too terrified to open the door even though Remus keeps trying to push him forward and Sirius alternates between looking anxious and making comments about how the baby is going to be a little stag hybrid and maybe that’s why it seems like it hurts so much?? Eventually Lily lets out the scariest fucking guttural shriek for James that he can’t ignore, even though he probably wets his pants and Peter says a little prayer for him when he enters the room.
- Then there’s a baby and its the best fucking thing ever, holy shit Prongs how did your cock do that; for fucks sake Sirius don’t say cock in front of my son. They take turns holding him and it feels like making the Map, becoming Animagi, and using the Cloak for the first time all rolled in one, only better. Lily watches them and is so, so fucking happy that her baby has this many parents to love him and it makes her less nervous to have a baby in wartime.
- Baby Harry grins at Remus first and Remus feels so fucking relieved so some reason and he smiles back then Harry spits up a little and Remus hands the baby to Peter very quickly.
- Harry looks at Sirius with a blank, ruddy face because Sirius is just staring at him and still has soot all over his face and then Harry just reaches out and solemnly sticks his hand into Sirius’ nose and Sirius has never loved anything more than this, holy shit.
- They say, “Sirius, will you be Harry’s godfather?” and Sirius says “You named it Harry — wait, godfather?” And Sirius starts talking about making a baby seat for the motorbike and how he’s already got a tiny little broomstick ready for the kid and Merlin, when d’you think he’ll walk because I already reserved him for this babies dueling thing and —
- James start joking that maybe they should have made it Remus or Peter instead, but Lily just smiles and fucking knows this will be the most protected, well loved baby on earth.
- The other three make noises about James naming the kid after himself and insisting on calling him little pronglet or tiny bugger or squeaky nibblet or Lames spawn. They demand Lily and James have two more so they can each claim one and Lily just gives them this glare because my vagina is still bleeding right now you assholes give me a few months (she totally agrees though, thinks this could be the happiest little family if they can survive the damn war)
- Dumbledore is at their doorstep three hours later with this look on his face and he says, I’m so sorry but there’s something you must know and everyone kind of hates him for ruining everything so quickly.
- Lily holds her baby Harry and watches everyone pack up the house for her to go into hiding and still thinks her baby is so well protected, she’ll be damned if some Dark fucking Lord ruins that.
modern Hogwarts headcanon
muggleborn sixth years jumping from moving staircase to moving staircase shouting “PARKOUR”